Monday, November 22, 2010

Road Trip (Part I)

In order to understand the complexity of this particular road trip, you have to understand the goal.  See, I couldn't head around to different countries hopping from 1 postal code to the other without seeing this great country of ours.  On top of that, I couldn't leave without giving my own personal goodbyes to my loved ones.  It seemed like there were more people involved in this trip than Niara and myself.  

I started the trip solo from L.A. to Miami solo without a road map in a pimped out red Toyota Sienna (named Rita), a GPS (named Jill), Tiny Tim in the windshield, a dream catcher hanging from the rear view mirror and my worldly possessions strapped down tightly in the back.  It took me about 3 1/2 days to make it to Miami to pick up my cuz.  Here are some pics from Miami Beach:






As you can see, it was drizzly by the beach but it was my first time in Miami so I had to get a little sand sticky.

The next stop was in Atlanta, Georgia where I saw the folks and Jackie.  Love them to bits and pieces:




After we left these guys we headed up further north to Baltimore and D.C. areas:  




Next stop was home sweet home Far Rockaway, New York.  The only friend I was able to see was Monica and traumatized her by hanging out with my crazy family for a few hours was Monica =p.  Family reunions galore.  Between my bros and Titi Tati's crazy self.....we of course had a blast and look how gorgeous we all are:



Here is a pic of Niara and her friend Alex:




Then we headed up to Boston....I unfortunately did not get pics of many many things along the way as I was traveling with an extremely cheap Nokia without any camera on me.  I was able to spend time with my brother from another mother Sean, and with Moody.....but then again, that's how I roll. Here is a pic we did get of Niara's friend Brandi and her daughter Jalen:




Along the way we found a great gas station/travel stop chain called Love's Travel Stop.  This place has super clean bathrooms and super cheap gas which was perfect for us

 



We continued on through upstate New York which felt like a separate state altogether from the city.  PS, Tiny Tim is the little rainbow fella in the windshield:
























Chicago was gorgeous:


No comments:

Post a Comment