Monday, November 22, 2010

In a nutshell....

So I've decided to take a trip around the world.  I was born in New York City, went to school in Boston, then spent the last 7 years in Los Angeles being a beach bum in Venice.  Not that there's anything wrong with that but I wanted to try something else.  I figure, why not try it somewhere else and Sydney was my first option.  


Somewhere along the way my cousin decided to sell her house in Holland to take the trip with me and I'm not sure she knows what she's gotten herself into.  Ha Ha. 

We started off with a round trip/ road trip which took me from L.A. through Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi then stopped in Florida to pick up my cuz in Miami.  After that we headed up to Georgia to see my parents and my best friend of 11 years in Atlanta.  We stayed there for a week and had a great time in the boonies.  We then went through South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, Washington D.C. then Maryland where we met up with more friends and I was able to see my grandmother before I took this big journey.  The next part went through Delaware, New Jersey, part of Pennsylvania and then home sweet home New York where I visited with my brothers, nephews, and niece and also met up with some others of my besties.  Once the week was over we headed up to Mass and hung out in Boston re-bonding with old friends that will never go anywhere.  After that we started to head back to the west coast going through upstate New York, Ohio, Idaho, Illinois, Wisconsin where we took a break from driving and spent more time with friends.  Next was I think Iowa, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada, then northern Cali with more friends.  Also, all of those states we went through we didn't see 1 drop of snow until we reached Lake Tahoe/Truckee area and were forced to buy snow chains or else we wouldn't be able to continue (sigh).  After that we of course drove to Las Vegas which even though I remember most if it, it definitely still hurts to think about, ha.  On the way back we stopped in Tehachapi and enjoyed a home cooked meal of fried chicken, mashed potatoes, veggies and home made carrot cake, yummy!  We finally made it back to L.A. where my cuz was introduced to my L.A. experience which included bars and beach.  I mean how perfect does that sound?  Screw Hollywood Boulevard, Venice Beach is the place to be.


So now we're in Australia and learning the lay of the land.  Anyone who knows me knows that I will make the best out of an already incredible situation.  I want to keep posting as much as possible so that I can share this adventure and will have something to remember it all because I forget so much of my hi jinks, ha ha.  I hope whoever takes part in this blog will appreciate it and will also find it useful when you decide to travel on your own as I've also decided to rate different sorts of establishments along the way.


Love youse!

No comments:

Post a Comment