Monday, March 12, 2012

Base/The Scary Canary

There are so many things to be said about my trip to Oz……I think the last 6 months really made the difference in the trip. So much happened in this time frame that it’s been tough for me to pick it apart to comment and share it all but I will try my best to give a good solid gist. Let’s see…..I worked as a housekeeper in Base Backpackers Hostel with all of these amazing people to pay for my accommodation so my first nick name was the Base Stripper, I also earned fame and glory as the serial lift-cuddler, .  And absolutely this pic could have been taken on a typical Monday morning......ha



I then worked in The Scary Canary as the very first female glassy ever!



I also worked on the Route 69 party bus:






where I could do what I do best….drink and party for free and make new friends…on a bus! I created fun yet highly interactive and competitive games such as “Boobie-Grabbing Olympics” and “Tit-Cricket”, I drank from buckets and navels, I played trivia for free pasta and beer, I squeegeed the stage during Wet Wednesdays, I started and ended many a bar fight, I participated in “Gay Staffies”, I sang “You’ve Lost That Loving Feeling” in the back of a taxi, I went shopping in the kitchen after hours at the “free food shelf” with the English collecting food for our multi-cultural family dinners because we are traditionalists, I stayed up all night roughly sipping confiscated goon while singing behind the reception desk with famous Kiwis, I woke up in beds that were not mine, I woke up on floors that were also not mine, some nights I don’t have any recollection of altogether, I wrestled my Dutch bff in hallways at 5 a.m. because I could, I held down the stoop smoking hand rolled cigarettes with the French, Italians, Portuguese and Brazilians, I peed in a bush at someone’s house party next to a boy, I planked, I cuddled with the Danish, Swiss-Germans and Big Ben, I laughed and cried with the Canadians and the Swedes, I embarrassed myself with the Irish and Scottish, my laptop bears the markings of the Welsh, I was even called a racist, a phony, and was told that I’d changed, I celebrated the life and death of a stranger with my Maori friend, I had a pint of cider in a bar in a train station with topless waitresses with a man wearing a sailor uniform, I met the tallest Puerto Rican in the world, I was even on an episode of Geordie Shore, I ate sausages on the beach while looking for whales, oh and I MINGLED……Twice, I limboed and played naked musical dots with the Aussies, I finally saw “THE VIRGIN NIPPLE” featuring everyone’s favorite Aussie farm girl, I spent my 32nd birthday with a chocolate cupcake the size of my head and a hot fresh plate of kangaroo, I kissed 1 boy, I had a 6 day long weekend that included an orgy, church, and somehow managing to play the Amazing Race around Sydney, I drank with Bogans…..I grabbed, groped and fondled for an entire 6 months and I fell in love with every single minute of it. Although I’d love to go back to pick up where I left off, I know that I wouldn’t be able to capture the exact same moments in exactly the same way;...genuine laughs with genuine good people and doing genuine legendary things haha great combination…..I met some of my very best friends and laughed and cried as hard as I possibly could……Excited to see you all again……on to the next adventure…….

I couldn’t put 1,000 pictures in a slideshow even though I would have loved to and I’m sure you would have too. You have to appreciate the craziness and wildness of this 6 month adventure to realize why I would put up as many pics as I have…..enjoy…










No comments:

Post a Comment